Your estate is comprised of all the assets that you own, including:
- Real estate property
- Bank accounts and investments
- Personal property, such as vehicles, jewelry, furniture, and artwork
- Business interests
- Life insurance policies (if the policy is in your name)
- Retirement accounts (if there’s no named beneficiary)
- Stocks, bonds, and other securities
- Intellectual property, such as patents and copyrights
- Any other assets that you own, such as collectibles, precious metals, and artwork.
It’s important to note that some assets may not be included in your estate if they pass directly to a beneficiary or if they are owned jointly with another person. These may include assets with a named beneficiary, such as certain types of insurance policies and retirement accounts, and jointly held property, such as joint bank accounts or real estate.
Leave A Comment